- 1 pack of Willo Venison Steaks
- 2 Medium sweet potatoes
- Rapeseed Oil
- Black Pepper and sea salt
For the sauce
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 glass of red wine
- 1tsp of honey
- 200g blackberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 180.
- Wash and slice your sweet potato. Place on a baking tray with a little oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast sweet potatoes for 20 -25 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy in the inside.
- Add a little oil to a pan and fry the onions and garlic until soft. Add the wine, honey and blackberries and simmer until the sauce is thick and deep in colour. Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Meanwhile pour a little rapeseed oil in your frying pan and place on a high heat. Season your steaks with black pepper. When the pan is smoking place your steak in. Cook on a high heat for 5 minutes either side. (best served pink)
- When the steak is cooked to your liking (6-7 minutes for medium) remove from the heat and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Reheat sauce and serve the venison steak and sweet potato wedges with either a crisp green salad or sugar snap peas.