- 4 Wood Pigeon breast fillets
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 orange
- ½ cup of walnuts (halved)
- Mixed salad leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh Thyme
- Olive oil
Method – Wood Pigeon Salad
- Wash and drain salad leaves and place in a large serving bowl.
- Peel and segment the orange.
- Remove the pomegranate seeds from the fruit.
- Scatter the orange, pomegranate and walnut over the salad leaves.
- Heat your frying pan over a high heat pour in a little oil. When smoking place in your pigeon fillets.
- Pan fry for 2 ½ minutes either side.
- Remove from heat and season with black pepper, leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the pigeon and scatter over the salad.
- Dress with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh thyme.